»

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Teaser Tuesday (1) : The Nature of Jade

Hey guys! I'm totally brand new to this...but I was browsing around on some other book blogs and I saw a few things that people apparently love to do! One of these things was called Teaser Tuesday. It was started by MizB at shouldbereading.wordpress.com. Check her out, it's a pretty cool blog.

Anyway, the idea of Teaser Tuesday is to pick up your current read, flip to a random page, and choose 2 sentences to post on here. AVOID SPOILERS! Don't ruin the book for anyone else! Feel free to play along on your own blog if you'd like :)

The book I'm currently reading is called The Nature of Jade by Deb Caletti. So far it's pretty darn good. Keep your eyes peeled for my upcoming review of that. So here goes!

(speaking of her mother) "But sometimes it just feels like she's this barnacle we learned about in biology. It discards its own body to live inside of a crab (read: me), growing and spreading until it finally takes over the crab's body, stealing its life, reaching its tentacles everywhere, even around its eyes."


I just...thought that simile was really cool. It totally fascinated me. So far the whole book has been like that for me. I can't wait to finish that so I can hurry up and get it up on the blog!

Thank you soosoo much to all the people who've already been reading...even though I only have two posts (well, 3 now). I especially want to give a shout-out to Sara Shalash from Along For The Ride at http://www.sarasbookjourney.blogspot.com/. She totally rocks! Everyone go visit her. Like, now.

1 comments:

Sara

Aww thank you so much for the shout-out! That was sweet of you :)

And LOVE the teaser! I really like Deb Caletti, I can't believe I haven't read this one yet. I'll definitely be looking out for your review :D

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! Comments rock! I love getting em...they just make my day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails