Today is a new experience! I just received an award from Ava over at Book Infinity! Thanks so much to her...that was very kind :)
So here's how it works. If you received this award, you have to write seven things about yourself, and then pass on the award to 15 other blogs for any reason of your choice.
Here are my seven things!
1. My dream is to be an author someday. How great would that be?! So far my luck hasn't been so great... I start what I'm SURE is gonna be the next big novel. And then it flops and I give up. Or, you know, forget about it. Whichever happens first :)
2. I'm really shy, believe it or not. I hate talking to people and being in large groups. My family makes fun of me for it, but I get extremely embarrassed with people. I guess blogging is my way of being outgoing without actualy being...you know...outgoing.
3. I love to BAKE. Cookies, brownies cakes, pies, anything. I love baking. I guess it started when I was determined to make up the greatest dessert ever made. I didn't get very far. I still have that recipe. It turned out disgusting. So now I just follow the recipe.
4. Kid's movies are my weakness. I absolutely love movies like Finding Nemo and Ratatouille. Movies that teens today are supposed to love? Forget it. I'm a Toy Story girl :)
5. My favorite food is (are?) sesame noodles. They're chinese noodles with this peanut-buttery, spicy-ish sauce. They're absolutely delicious and I'm in love with them. I finally found a recipe for them so I can make them myself and not spend a fortune on buying them all the time.
6. Having a blog has made me read slower. Seriously. I used to read ALL THE TIME. But now I have to put attention into working on my blog and I no longer read like three books in two days.
7. I was the girl in elementary school carrying a big fat book under her arm all through the school building and walking into poles while I was walking home because I was reading while I walked. Yep, that was me.
Well those are my seven things! So now I'm going to pass on the award to 15 other blogs (which, hopefully I can do all 15. But 15 is kind of a lot. So...I'll do my best).
1. Along For The Ride - Sara was one of the very first people to read and follow my blog, so it's only fair she should be first on the list. Thanks for helping me get on my feet, Sara :) (oh, and she has a really cute orange blog background which I personally love. and she does this cool meme of Monday with these amazing pictures.)
2. Kaitlyn In Bookland - Kaitlyn was also one of my earlier followers. I like her flowery blog, and her reviews are awesome. She uses fascinating words! :)
3. Pages - Kirthi is one of the nicest, most helpful bloggers out there. I was having trouble with my layout and she gave me a hand. She rocks :) (oh, and currently she's holding a 400 followers giveaway)
4. The Cupcake Prose - Gabriella has like the cutest blog name I've ever seen in my entire life. I just love it. I also really enjoy following her blog because not only do I get awesome reviews, I also get to see recipes for some delicious cupcakes!
5. Book Fare Delights - Speaking of cupcakes!! This blog is beyond adorable. She rates the books she reviews in chocolate covered strawberries! I just love this blog overall. Plus, she's joining me in the 2010 Debut Author Challenge. Good luck!
6. The Book Fairy's Haven - Tammy is a blog I found on Twitter. The two of us became Twitter buddies before I even found her blog. But now we both read each other's. I love her Tinkerbell theme. I like Tink :)
7. The Mountains of Instead - I love Sya's blog, everything about it! I LOVE her design, the name is super creative, and her reviews are great.
8. I Just Wanna Sit Here And Read - Kate has a cool blog. It's like this sweet star-themed kinda thing. I like it. And her blog's name, I mean duh! Don't we all? It's an accurate title :)
9. Emilie's Book World - I found Emilie's blog through the Book Blogger Hop and I immediately liked it. I featured her blog in my Friday post as a favorite new blogger. So congrats on her moving forward. Emilie, I know you just won this award so you don't have to do it again, but it was worth mentioning.
10. Elena's Book Cafe - Elena was also featured in another Friday post as a new blogger. The whole theme of her blog is a cafe coffee type of theme, which I like. Her reviews are awesome, and she's definitely off to a good start!
11. Every Last Page - I found Danielle's blog and I obviously automatically liked it. I especially like her purple design. I love purple! However, Danielle's now gotten this award twice so I'm not gonna make her do it. She just deserved a spot on this list. I especially liked her new list of baby names from literature. Check that out.
12. A Girl Reads a Book - I think MY favorite thing about Bella's blog is her little meme that she started where she features a new series she likes. I'm always up for a good new series so now I know where to look! :) Also, Bella was extremely helpful messing with the blockquote setting on my blog and some weird HTML codes. I'm just a little HTML illiterate. So thanks to her :)
Well I think I'll stop there. 12 is a good number, and 15 is a lot. Congrats to everyone who received the award! And thanks again to Ava who gave me this award originally!